Spiders – From Fear to Fascination
Created by the Australian Museum and now touring internationally by Evergreen Exhibitions
A face-to-face interactive encounter that includes over 250 real spider specimens including Black Widows, Brown Recluses, and Giant Water spiders–some live! Interactives allow visitors to engage in full body experiences that involve competing in a mating ritual with a dancing Peacock spider; hold a virtual spider in their hand; feel web vibrations; and search for spiders in their backyard. This combination of immersion and information showcases the latest science that gives visitors an up-close glimpse into the fascinating world of spiders.
- What are spiders?
- Where are spiders?
- Reproduction & growth
- Sensing their world
- Diet, jaws, & benom
- Webs & Silk
- Spiders & us
- Over 250 real specimens and live spiders
- Augmented reality experiences
- Interactives, models and dioramas
- Interviews with prominent spider scientists
- Optional Venue Lab offers a multi-functional programming space where venues can present venom milking demonstrations, arachnologists at work and live spider handling.
Download a Brochure
- Exhibit size: 5,000 – 8,000 square feet
- Target Audience: families, students
- Available Spring, Summer, Fall
The exhibition debuted at the Australian Museum in Sydney.
North American appearances:
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Montreal Science Centre
To learn more about Spiders – From Fear to Fascination:
+44 (0) 7966 139 867
Additional information about the exhibition can also be
found at australian.museum/touring