Spiders – From Fear to Fascination
Created by the Australian Museum and now touring internationally by Evergreen Exhibitions
A face-to-face interactive encounter that includes more than 250 real spider specimens including Black Widows, Brown Recluses, and Giant Water spiders–some live! Interactives allow visitors to engage in full-body experiences that involve competing in a mating ritual with a dancing Peacock spider, holding a virtual spider in their hand, feeling web vibrations, and searching for spiders in their backyard. This combination of immersion and information showcases the latest science that gives visitors an up-close glimpse into the fascinating world of spiders.
- What Are Spiders?
- Where Are Spiders?
- Reproduction & Growth
- Sensing Their World
- Diet, Jaws, & Venom
- Webs & Silk
- Spiders & Us
- More than 250 real specimens and live spiders
- Augmented reality experiences
- Interactives, models, and dioramas
- Interviews with prominent spider scientists
Download a Brochure
- Exhibit size: 5,000 – 7,500 square feet
- Target audience: families, students
- Available Spring, Summer, Fall
The exhibition debuted at the Australian Museum in Sydney.
North American appearances:
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Montreal Science Centre
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Raleigh
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Atlanta
To learn more about Spiders – From Fear to Fascination:
+44 (0) 7966 139 867
Additional information about the exhibition can also be
found at australian.museum/touring